Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Montessori At Home





We love baking together in our home.  The girls LOVE to help me bake cookies, cake, bread, and all other wonderful and yummy foods.  However, they haven't been as interested in cooking with me.  I have heard for years that if you get your children to cook with you, they are more likely to try the foods that they have prepared.  I tried, they refused.  One of their least favorite foods is soup.  I would eat soup several times a week if I could get away with it, so their refusal to even try it drives me slightly crazy.  When I was researching "Montessori cooking" on the internet I found a great blog about making soup with children.  I planned to make soup together on Sunday afternoon, but as the weekend progressed I realized that wasn't going to happen.  My thought is "maybe next weekend", but I wanted to get this information on the blog to you all so maybe you call can try it next weekend with us.  I have my fingers crossed that my girls will turn into soup lovers after our time cooking together, or at least soup "toleraters".  


There was a tip I saw on another site that I wanted to share.  If you have a gas range & are reluctant to cook with your children over an open flame consider using an electric frying pan on a counter away from the stove, or at the kitchen table.  

-Laura Thompson
Lacey & Calla's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment