Saturday, May 25, 2013

Graduation / Michaelmania


I hope everyone had fun at the graduation ceremony & potluck yesterday. As always, I put all the pictures I took on the school Shutterfly site. My official and very, very scientific method for labeling the photos is to bribe my three year-old with a bowl of ice cream to sit next to me at my desk so I can point to my computer screen and say, "Do you know this kid's name?" Sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't, and sometime she makes one up. I just put that out there in case you click on a photo of your young'un only to discover she's been renamed Sarsparilla Gonzales. 


The funniest thing about the party in the park to me was the crowd following Mr. Michael. Remember that scene in A Hard Day's Night when the Beatles were pursued through London by a crowd of crazy, screaming fans? 


It was just like that, with Michael in the role of Paul McCartney:




A special thanks to the parents who helped with some of the last-minute set-up tasks. And thanks to everyone for bringing delicious dishes to the potluck. Being from Alabama, I assumed that, by law, everything at a potluck had to involve cream of mushroom soup, Ritz crackers and Velveeta. Color me shocked. If you're the parent who made that barley thing, holler at me; I want to know how you did it. 

Best of luck to the new kindergarteners and their families!

-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment